Monday, March 31, 2014

As you do your online shopping, always remember the risk of Advance Fee Fraud

Here's a recent experience written by Lagos resident @SuperKunle:
"...browsing cars on OLX and I see an unbelievable deal.  A Toyota Rav 4, 2006 model, fresh as can be, for N1,000,000.00." (that's about 6000USD - cars cost a fortune in Nigeria.) 
Rav 4

"...Hurriedly dialled the number 08102672735...I introduced myself...He said his name was James and the car is at Seme Border...I was given two options..."  READ THE FULL STORY HERE, PLEASE

The writer advises: there are a lot of dishonest people out there. We all need to be careful and analytical in all our transactions.   Please BEWARE, whatever you are buying, do not send the money until you see the goods. If possible, get the seller to come to you, do not go some random location. I am not saying do not shop online, all I’m saying is do so with extra caution. Luckily for me, I was able to restrict my loss to an amount I could afford.

2 comments:

voip line Mississauga said...

Thanks for great information you write it very clean. I am very lucky to get this tips from you. Every one need phone and doing online shopping in E commerce websites.

Emmanuel Essien said...

Nice post
UDUTH School of Midwifery Admission Form

Previously on UpNaira

 

Followers