Thursday, December 11, 2008

VC

In Naija, Yahoo is THE internet brand. People don't really know gmail, hotmail, etc. Many computers have yahoo.com as their homepage. Yahoo's firing workers nowadays, the recession being a fine excuse. If the company went under, don't worry we'd still use the verb yahoo, the adjective yahoo-yahoo, the noun yahoozee, ...
(I just paused to cycle my arms as in the dance to the horrific, addictive yahoozee song)

Last week I lent my first <100dollars for a FUTY student's business idea. Wish us luck. The second part of this post is from the company website of John Doerr, famous Venture Capitalist.

MESSAGES THAT INSPIRE
“Where you live should not decide… whether you live or whether you die.”
-- Bono
“I strongly believe that we can create a poverty-free world, if we want to.... In that kind of world, [the] only place you can see poverty is in the museum.”
-- Muhammed Yunus
“ [Green's] opponents... named it liberal, tree-hugging, girly-man, sissy, unpatriotic, vaguely French… I’ve been trying to redefine green as the most capitalistic, patriotic, geostrategic, pro-american... green IS the new red, white and blue.”
-- Tom Friedman
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.”
-- Margaret Mead

3 comments:

DonCasiragi said...

Are you serving in Yola? Nice idea..VC is something that is worthwhile in a country like ours. The possibilities are endless.

t said...

Yes o. Especially if you have a way to get ppl to pay back. For now, I'm still waiting to see if my money will come back :)
Will try again sometime with better controls maybe...

Unknown said...

My name is Sara Johnson, I live in california U.S.A and i am a happy woman today? I told my self that any Loan lender that could change my Life and that of my family after been scammed severally by these online loan lenders, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to Them. he gave happiness to me and my family, although at first i found it hard to trust him because of my experiences with past loan lenders, i was in need of a loan of $300,000.00 to start my life all over as a single parents with 2 kids, I met this honest and GOD fearing loan lender online Dr. Dave Logan that helped me with a loan of $300,000.00 U.S. Dollars, he is indeed a GOD fearing man, working with a reputable loan company. If you are in need of loan and you are 100% sure to pay back the loan please contact him on (daveloganloanfirm@gmail.com and Call/Text: +1(501)800-0690 ) .. and inform them Sara Johnson directed you.. Thanks. Blessed Be.

Previously on UpNaira

 

Followers