Friday, May 09, 2008

Portable MP3 players

Why do people happily pay loads of cash for the i-things (iPod, iPhone,...?) It's not the sound quality or skip resistance, not that white earphones are better than black ones, or that ppl love to shuffle their little mp3 files.
It's just the "cool", the marketing. Right?
I guess Steve Jobs is the master of razzle-dazzle. Who else rocks at this game?

Slowly learning to add flash to substance are the OLPC (One Laptop per Child) people, led by Nick Negroponte and in need of a "selling" genius. Maybe they'll succeed.

I want an OLPC, or three, or ten.
I don't really want an i-whatever (except at the clearance sale prices)
At the moment Apple will sell you a walkman or a phone for money that OLPC wishes you would pay for the whole computer.

4 comments:

t said...

Donald Trump regularly sells "air."

Virgin's Sir Richard Branson is certainly more likeable. he also loves a good marketing gimmick.

Both have had seriously educational reality shows: The Rebel Billionaire, and of course The Apprentice.

Fausset said...

i personally want an ipod not because everyone has it, just to keep me company, for instance if am travelling from dc to newyork, you need to keep ur ears busy..lol or if am on the subway, or if am trying to ignore pple i dont feel like sayin hi to..and of course to listen to music.

t said...

It's "Metro" not "Subway" - you're becoming such a New Yorker :D

Unknown said...

My name is Sara Johnson, I live in california U.S.A and i am a happy woman today? I told my self that any Loan lender that could change my Life and that of my family after been scammed severally by these online loan lenders, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to Them. he gave happiness to me and my family, although at first i found it hard to trust him because of my experiences with past loan lenders, i was in need of a loan of $300,000.00 to start my life all over as a single parents with 2 kids, I met this honest and GOD fearing loan lender online Dr. Dave Logan that helped me with a loan of $300,000.00 U.S. Dollars, he is indeed a GOD fearing man, working with a reputable loan company. If you are in need of loan and you are 100% sure to pay back the loan please contact him on (daveloganloanfirm@gmail.com and Call/Text: +1(501)800-0690 ) .. and inform them Sara Johnson directed you.. Thanks. Blessed Be.

Previously on UpNaira

 

Followers